I wonder where I would be if one day I could just get past my selfish wants. I wonder how much further ahead my family would be if I could look in the mirror and not first think of myself. Here are 6 important tips to getting over yourself and begin conquering the giants that hold you back.
1. Vision is key. You have to cast vision for your life journey. You need to write down a statement that will ever define you as a person.
2. Keep the end in mind. You will always here the token phrase “What do you want your epitaph to say”? The challenge is to live that out everyday. You must constantly strive to leave the legacy that you set out when casting your vision.
3. Check your pride at the door. Pride is a common killer to leaps of faith. You were not born to live life with caution. It seems the bigger the feat the more detractors you will have. Put the detractors in a sleeper hold (figuratively) and make your dreams happen.
4. Never go on a trip without a road map. Before you set out you have to make a plan of action. Be careful though not be paralyzed by analysis.
5. Don’t go alone. We were created for relationship. Find a partner whether it be your spouse or close friends. Always have an accountability partner. It is easy to lose yourself without outside perspective.
6. Dream big. A mentor of mine once told me to dream so big that others might laugh at you. Faith is what will help bridge the end of yourself and the beginning of a seemingly impossible reality.
Now GO take a good look in the mirror. If you don’t like what you see SLAP YOURSELF (figuratively) and start conquering your dreams.
Important Resources for Making It Happen: